Green Works® House of Prizes Instant Win &
Grand Prize Draw Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONSOpen to all residents of Canada
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: The Clorox® Green Works® House of Prizes Instant Win & Grand Prize Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by The Clorox Company of Canada LTD (the “Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:01 AM eastern time (“ET”) on May 17, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 7, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides and who is not: (i) an employee, representative or agent of the Sponsor, the independent contest organization or their respective affiliated and related companies, advertising or promotion agencies, or dealer; or (ii) members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, any of the above. In these official rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”), “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.trygreenworks.ca/houseofprizes (the “Sweepstakes Website”). Complete the online entry form (the “Entry Form”) with full name, daytime telephone number (including area code), full address including postal code and a valid email address. Then, choose which room you would like your ballot to go to, choose from one of the four rooms (Kitchen, Family Room, Bathroom, and Laundry Room). Next, correctly answer without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, the mathematical skill testing question, confirm compliance with these Official Rules. Upon doing so, click “Submit” and you will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize Draw. Limit of one (1) entry (the “Entry”) per household during the Sweepstakes Period. Only one (1) email account per household may be used to enter the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 PM ET on August 7, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Closing Date”).
Optional Instant Win: Upon entering the Sweepstakes, entrants will have the option to play a game (the “Game”) to be eligible for an Instant Win Prize. Entrants will be able to play the Game one time in each of the four (4) rooms (see below) during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible for an Instant Win Prize. Entrants will also have the opportunity to play the Game once per day during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) additional Entry (the ‘Bonus Entry”) into the Grand Prize Draw. PLEASE NOTE: An entrant’s first attempt to play the Game will be his/her only opportunity to be eligible for an Instant Win Prize. To play the Game, select one (1) of the four (4) room makeovers shown on the screen (Kitchen, Bathroom, laundry or Family). Click on the hot spot located in the chosen room to answer multiple choice questions. If you have not answered correctly, you will be notified on your screen with a “Are you sure it’s that one – Try Again!” message. If you have answered correctly, you will receive one (Bonus Entry into the Grand Prize Draw and you will be notified on your screen with either a “Congratulations or a Sorry” message. One (1) of two (2) messages will appear:
- If an entrant is a potential winner of an Instant Win Prize shown on the screen and as described in rule 5ii, a message will appear on screen informing him/her that he/she is the potential winner of the Instant Win Prize which is shown on the message and that he/she is required to take the steps described in Rule 7 below to claim the applicable Instant Win Prize. OR
- If an entrant is not a potential winner of an Instant Win Prize, a message will appear on screen advising him/her that he/she is not an instant winner.
- SEEDING OF INSTANT WIN PRIZES: Instant Win Prizes will be made available to be won at a predetermined, randomly selected, 5 second designated time, each allocated on a random basis between the hours of 6:00 AM ET and 12:00 AM ET every day throughout the Sweepstakes Period (each a “designated winning time”). If two (2) entrants enter within the same 5 second designated winning time, the first person to enter will be eligible for the Instant Win Prize allocated at the designated winning time. Subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, the first eligible person who submits an entry that is recorded by the Sponsor’s computer during the designated winning time and who has correctly answered the mathematical skill testing question at the time of entry is the winner of an Instant Win Prize which will be randomly allocated to him/her at the time his/her entry. If no entry is recorded by the Sponsor’s computer during a designated winning time, subject to the provisions of these Official Rules, the Instant Win Prize(s) which was available during such designated winning time will be void.
- PRIZES: There will be 924 Prizes (herein referred to individually as “Prize” and collectively as “Prizes”) available to be won and they are as follows:
- Grand Prize: There are four (4) Grand Prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) of the following room makeovers:
- $10,000 CDN Kitchen Makeover issued in the form of a cheque made payable to the confirmed winners as his/her name appears on the Entry Form;
- $10,000 CDN Laundry Room Makeover issued in the form of a cheque made payable to the confirmed winners as his/her name appears on the Entry Form;
- $10,000 CDN Living Room Makeover consisting of a Home Entertainment Package including [60” 3D Screen TV or similar, Gaming System, Blue-ray player, HD cables, Universal Remote, Surround Sound] AND
- $10,000 CDN Bathroom Makeover issued in the form of a cheque made payable to the confirmed winners as his/her name appears on the Entry Form.
- Instant Win Prizes: There are 924 Instant Win Prizes available to be won and are as follows:
Instant Win Prize Description # of Instant Win Prizes Available Approximate Retail Value of each Instant Win Prize Stand Mixers 10 $400 Espresso Makers 20 $400 Brita® Gift Baskets 270 $60 Cookware Set 10 $500 Rechargeable Toothbrush Set 10 $200 Linen Set consisting of his/her Robes and towel set for 2 40 $400 Rain Shower Faucet 20 $250 Burt Bee’s® Gift Basket 194 $60 Blue-Ray Players with Full HD or similar 20 $300 Portable iPod/iPhone Speaker dock or similar 20 $300 Tablet 20 $500 Portable Steamers 20 $300 Pressure Iron 20 $250 Green Works® Gift Baskets 250 $50
- Grand Prize: There are four (4) Grand Prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) of the following room makeovers:
- GRAND PRIZE DRAW: A random draw (the “Draw”) will be held on August 24, 2012 at approximately 10:00 AM ET, (the “Draw Date”) in Oakville, Ontario whereby four (4) entries will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. The odds of being selected for a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Sweepstakes Closing Date. Each selected entrant will be contacted by mail and/or email and/or telephone using the contact information provided in such selected entrant’s Entry Form within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by mail and/or email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of the Draw Date; (b) fails to correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question (see rule 7); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Declaration and Release Form within the specified time (see rule 7), then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by mail and/or email and/or telephone with a selected entrant or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- To be declared a Prize winner (Grand Prize and Instant Win Prize), a selected entrant’s answer to the mathematical skill-testing must answered correctly. Each selected entrant must sign and return within seven (7) business days of notification the Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”), which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Sponsor, the independent contest organization, each of their affiliated and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the selected entrant’s name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. Upon receipt, Prizes will be couriered by the Sponsor to the confirmed winners within 3-4 weeks.
- GENERAL: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the independent contest organization, with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries and or entrants, which are final and binding, without right of appeal.
- By entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the Releasees from any and all losses, claims, actions, damages, demands, suits, of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes, or acceptance of a Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Sweepstakes Website during the Sweepstakes; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; and/or (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Sweepstakes. Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. The use of an invalid email address will disqualify the entry. Users spamming the same email address will disqualify the entry.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry name. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in this Sweepstakes will be the Sweepstakes server machine(s).
- The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the province of Québec, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- For Québec residents only: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Sweepstakes may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to print, broadcast or the Internet.
- All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Sweepstakes and to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming events and/or promotions from the Sponsor (which entrants may unsubscribe from at any time). For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit http://www.clorox.com/legal/cdn-privacy/